Hogskull Writers

Nelson Lynch creates a blog for the Writers of Hogskull, a suburb of Taylorville, Maryland, the hub of the known Universe. Writers include Fran Carlson, Liz Paterra, JH Williams, Dale Cathell, Susan Beverly and Dolores Pike

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Episode 2

“No, no Mom, I traded with her.”

She waved her hand toward her son. “Don’t tell me any more. My only son trading my beer for favors from that little hussy. Did she throw you to the ground and take advantage of you?” She paused for a moment. “Red didn’t take you to her house, did she?” She paused again. “I guess not. You’d still be there.” Her finger trembled as she pointed at Jack. “Hurry, go get my six pac before they drink them all. There may be one or two left.”

Jack made no effort to more. “You got Red mixed up with Snow White. She’s the one that hangs around with a bunch of little ugly guys. Red traded me some magic beans for your beers. She said they’d make me super rich like King Midas.” He held out his hand showing three large beans.

“Beans. You traded my beers for three measly lima beans.” She stood and wobbled over to her son. Taking the beans from his hand, she studied them intently for five seconds and then abruptly threw them out the window. She walked to a small bureau, opened a drawer, scratched around under assorted clothing and came out with a five-dollar bill. “Forget that other beer. Red and those seven ugly trolls swilled them down in a heartbeat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home